Tuesday, April 7, 2009

These past few week have been an interesting mix of excitement, anticipation, shock and overwhelming uncertainty.

We are anxiously awaiting the birth of "Peanut", our grandson. He is not due to arrive until April 16, but Amy is showing signs of having him early, and I'm hoping for an Easter baby. I can't wait to meet him and see what he looks like. I hope he likes me. I already love him.

At the same time, my thoughts are on Connor, our sweet little granson that was only with us for nine weeks. I still miss him terribly. Even as my life moves on, and I (hopefully) have many more grandchildren, Connor will always be my first-the one who made me a grandmommy. I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge that families are eternal and I will see him again. And I am grateful to know that Connor is with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He is safe. The fact that our new little grandson is due at Eastertime, when we celebrate the resurrection of our Savior is not lost on me. It brings me comfort. I pray everyday that Peanut will be healthy and happy and stay with us. We need him.

Also on my list of ahhhh! is the fact that on March 29th, Tim was made Bishop of our Ward. A great challenge and responsibility. People keep telling me congratulations but truthfully, I am scared. First, I will miss Tim when he is away doing Bishop things. Tim is my best friend and I don't like him being gone. I feel selfish when I say that, but it is the truth. I need to work on that. Second, people keep telling me what a great Bishp's wife I will be. I look at the wives of previous bishops, and I feel I pale in comparison. They (Debra, Donice, Carey...) have been great examples to me. Mostly, I am holding on to what we were told by President Williams when Tim was called. That Tim being Bishop will bring blessings to our family. Blessing are good. We need them. I know in my heart, it will be okay. It will be good. It takes me a while to get used to big changes. Obedience to the commandments and trust in my Heavenly Father. I can do that. One step at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will be a good bishop's wife. I never realized until recently how many people look up to our family the way we do to others. Maybe the Thackers can be someone else's Robinsons and Prices. And Peanut needs to hurry up! That boy is so slow just like his mommy. Ha Ha.