
I love strawberries! I love to make strawberry pies, strawberry shortcake, strawberry jam and most of all I love to eat strawberries. Growing up, our garden in IL always had lots of strawberry plants. Picking and eating them right out of the garden is so YUMMY!! I have tried on a few occasions to have a strawberry patch here but between AZ tempuratures and neighborhood cats I have had, well, not much success.
This last weekend we starting building a true strawberry patch in our yard. We are putting in 2, yes 2, block planters that will be full of strawberries plants. I have even ordered my strawberry plants from a big nursery back east. So here's hoping that this time we will have a wonderful strawberry patch.
So it began on Friday with Tim getting a load of block and mortar. Poor truck! Tim couldn't go over 30MPH or the bed would start to sway.
Then came the unloading. Lots of work. And then another load of concrete. Tim and his truck sure got a work out.
This last weekend we starting building a true strawberry patch in our yard. We are putting in 2, yes 2, block planters that will be full of strawberries plants. I have even ordered my strawberry plants from a big nursery back east. So here's hoping that this time we will have a wonderful strawberry patch.
So it began on Friday with Tim getting a load of block and mortar. Poor truck! Tim couldn't go over 30MPH or the bed would start to sway.
Then came the unloading. Lots of work. And then another load of concrete. Tim and his truck sure got a work out.

Saturday, bright and early, the project began. Digging the trench for concrete. Water and cool off break. Moving concrete bags, pour in wheel barrow, add water, mix, add more water, mix some more. Pour into trench, spread out, tap flat and level. Repeat, Repeat, REPEAT!!! We all worked hard. 

Flap Jack loved having all of us in her back yard. She and Emily had a blast with the hose. Biting water seems to be a good past time for dogs.




No comments:
Post a Comment