I have 2 very close friends who both suffered a great loss this last week. One lost her sister and one lost her husband. I have known them both for more than 30 years. And my heart hurts for them. And I know there is nothing I can say or do to take away any of their pain.
All 3 of us know the same truths. We all know the Plan of Salvation. We all know that those we love leave this earth and pass into paradise, where there is rest from this mortal life. A life that sometimes can be unbearably difficult. We know our Heavenly Father and Our Savior, Jesus Christ, are there to welcome us back into their arms. We know loved one who went before us are there to greet us and it is a joyous reunion. We know we will see those we love again and that families ARE forever.
But, our hearts still hurt. Mine still hurts for Connor. And my friends' hearts hurt. People say, they lived a good life, they aren't suffering anymore, he only needed a body for a short time, he is perfect. But, our hearts still hurt. And we miss those we love and shared our life with. So I know there is nothing I can do or say to take away that pain.
But I also know that a hug and an I love you go a long way. They don't take away the pain but they fill your heart with some goodness. A when you have some goodness sitting beside the pain, it gets you thru the next minute, hour, day.
So to both my friends who gave me hugs and love, I send them back to you and lots more, too. So maybe I can help put a little goodness next to your pain. Like you did for me. And I'm sorry that your heart hurts.
I Know The Feeling
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment