This last few weeks I have been hoping life would slow down a little. I wanted some quiet time to myself to do "stuff". I love to putter around the house, sew. I want to plant my garden. But instead, "things" have made my life miserable. Yes, miserable. By "things" I mean the washing machine with a clogged drain that overflows all over and has to be babysat just to get clean clothes, the TV that was less than 4 years old that broke and would cost more to fix than a new one, a new tv whose price has gone down so much--but is still SO expensive, the garage door that insists on not going down for me even when I try for over 45 minutes to figure out it's problem, the alarm whose battery gets low and needs to be replaced but can only be done with a service call that will cost $$, the computer that keeps giving us problems that everyone thinks I should solve-NOW-that costs us $$$ to try and get back to good usable condition and is still not working great, the roof that leaks every time it rains even though Tim has tried to fix it many,many,many times, that same roof that leaked all over my sewing machine and rusted my serger, the computer program at work that takes so much thought and energy to use and that the doctor thinks I should be able to breeze through and still do the millions of other things that are thrown at me all in one 8-9-10+ hr work day (and I'm just part-time, yeah right), and those are just the big "things". The little "things"? Well, those I throw across the room because I just can't handle ONE MORE "THING"! It's my pity party and I'm crying cuz I want to. And because I can't fix a roof, a tv, a computer, a clogged drain, a un-user friendly computer program, a sewing machine, an alarm battery, a garage door or whatever will break today.
No comments:
Post a Comment