When I was growing up in Illinois, we loved snow days. Even with all the snow we got there, snow days were few and far between. I can remember slowly getting ready for school while listening for school closures on the radio. Most Moms were home back in the 60's so no one wondered who would take care of the kids. Moms worried about finding the other mitten or where the snow pants were stashed. We would be outside all day building snow forts and throwing snow balls. The snow would drift so deep that our dog would be able to walk right over the fence from the back yard to the front. My Dad would shovel all the snow himself and then pull us on our sled down the snow packed street. Good times!
This year, our family took a snow day. With all the snow up north and Colin home from Afghanistan, the timing was perfect. Everyone (but Harry and me) headed toward Flagstaff (where Colin's sister lives) to get cold, wet, runny nosed and exausted having a blast in the snow. Harry and I stayed home and had a nice day hanging out, shopping, napping and playing. A snow day without the runny nose!
Here's the gang having fun...
Emily falling, gracefully of course.
Amy all decked out
Love the hat
Colin in snow uniform
Melissa, Colin, Amy, Emily and Tim. The girls used this toboggan when they were little!
The gang
Too cool
Fun times
Lissa-ready, set...
go
Aaaaaaahhhhh
Good to be together.













1 comment:
Good times :) And I'm glad I can comment now!!
Post a Comment