Monday, May 24, 2010

Thoughts

I always think I have to have something good or fun to post on my blog.  That I need to include pictures.  After all, I love pictures and fun stuff on other blogs.  But, last night I read the blog of my hairdresser friend.  (I hope it's ok with her that I also call her a friend.)  It was entitled more randomness.  I read it twice.  I enjoyed it thoroughly.  I thought about all the randomness that lives in my head.  Not wanting to copy her completely, I named my post thoughts.  But truely, they can be pretty random thoughts!

For Brittney: I love Glee, too.  Don't feel guilty watching it.  You have lots of company.  I own soundtracks of the show.  I listen to the music on CD in my car ALL THE TIME.

The actors on Glee have amazing musical talent.  But not everyone's talents can be seen by the world.  Why are those seen by the world deemed better?  more important??? 

Why do people think just because something works for them in their life EVERYONE MUST DO THINGS THE SAME WAY???  If I want to try your way, I will.  If not, leave me alone. 

My Mom is a kind, caring person.  She not only goes the extra mile, she'll travel across country to help whenever and wherever she can.  She's a good lady.  My 2 uncles were giving her major grief yesterday because she has a messy garage.  She parks her car in it no problem.  But the rest is full of stuff.   But--- if that is the worst thing my Mom has in her life, DOES IT REALLY MATTER??? 

Why is an outgoing child good and a shy child bad?  What is wrong with shy, quiet, mellow???  People constantly tried to get me to stop being shy when I was a kid--like it was a defect.  Shy is ok.

I hate making phone calls.  There are times I will have to work up courage for days to make a phone call.  I waste a lot of energy. 

I love email.

I don't ever want my children to hurt.  One of the hardest lessons I continually have to learn is that I can't protect them.  No matter how hard I try.  That makes me sad.

Sometimes I feel like I have to hold on so tight or my life will fall apart. 

Having a son-in-law in Afghanistan scares me.  I want him home, safe.

As much as our country is struggling right now, it is the only country I want to live in.  It is better than Afghanistan.  Hands down.

I love to sew and quilt. 

Joanns and other fabric stores make me happy.

My stash of fabric grows faster than I can complete projects.  But I love it.

My friends probably think I don't care about them much because I never call them.  But I love my friends. 

Anxiety over phone calls is not my friend.

I dislike people who say "Smile, it can't be that bad!"  I have had "that bad" in my life. 
Let me be sad if I need to be sad. 

What happen to quality?  So many people throw in how cheaply they bought something.  What a deal!  But, does it last?  Is it a quality product?  I love a good deal as much as anyone.  But it needs to be a good deal and not just a cheap thing.  Quality that lasts.

I have wanted new carpet for the past 5 years.  But something always happens and depletes my carpet savings.  Now, we need a new compressor for our air conditioning unit.  I want new carpet!!!

I hate being hot.

I am conservative. 

My grandson can make me smile when no one and nothing else can. 

I wish I didn't have to work.

Chocolate is my friend.

The Hershey Company is not my friend.  They stopped making chocolate milk mix. 

I like my personal space.

I like short hair on boys/men.

I wouldn't date my husband until he cut his hair.

I like to be in my house. 

I have had so many examples of alcohol ruining a life, I wouldn't drink even if I wasn't LDS.

I love wearing overalls just like my Grandpa did.

I like ebay.

I watch TV and don't believe it is the root of all evil.  Making good choices includes what you watch.  You control your tv. 

Does living in a completely clean and organized house make you happy?  Or does sharing space with the things you love make you happy?  Or is it the balance of both that works???

It took me a long time to learn what I know and I have the scars to prove it. 
I do not look forward to new scars. 

If people take the time to get to know my daughters, they find out they are funny, compassionate, loyal, faithful, honest, talented and good to be around. 
I dislike people who don't take the time to get to know them.

:0)

3 comments:

Paula and Eddie said...

I am just the same about the phone! I loathe it! Text msging has been a stress reducer for me. I hate making calls no matter who it is. It could be the closest friend, and I would rather drive to their house, text or email than call. It drives Eddie bonkers! I'm so glad I'm not alone!

LissaCTR said...

Good post mom!

Brittney said...

I am, most definitely, your friend.

Loved it.