Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Punkin' Patch

Yesterday, Amy and I had a booth at the Harvest Festival in Snowflake.  We love doing shows in Snowflake because the chamber of commerce is wonderful to work with and the town and people who live there are friendly and warm.  Big difference from city life.
  The Harvest Festival is so much fun because it has hay rides to the Willis Farm Pumpkin Patch and back ($1 per person round trip!) and at the pumpkin patch you get to pick your own pumpkin (at very reasonable prices).  Tim and I took Harry on a hay ride.  He loved it.  Being outside is one of his favorite places to be.  He sat the whole time with one hand on my leg and one on Tim's leg and looked around and laughed.  When it was over he clapped and said thank you to the driver. 
Harry loved the tractor. 
The Willis Farm Pumpkin patch is open all through October.  FUN PLACE!

After the show Tim & I, Amy & Colin & Harry all went to the pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkins.  Harry picked his own & one for Aunt Lissa, one for Aunt Bean & one for our dinner in a pumpkin.  He got to ride in a wheel barrow and pull a wagon up and down the rows of pumpkins.  Amy and Colin got a 37 pound (huge!) pumpkin for their house & Amy also got 9 pumpkins for a pumpkin carving contest in her ward.  So, we came away with 14 pumpkins! 








And then Harry was so tired, I carried him out of the pumpkin patch and we drove back to Heber and he took a nap.  Big day for a little guy.  Well, actually for all of us.  We were all exausted by the time we got back to the cabin!  And it didn't help that I have been sick for a week and it makes me kind of grumpy and very tired.  But it was a fun day.  I am glad Amy and Colin let us share in Harry's fun life.  I love my BUG!

No comments: