My Dad served in the navy aboard the USS Midway in 1950-1952. While most people never even get to see the ship their Dad was stationed on, I have had the opportunity not only to see it but to walk it's halls, rooms and flight deck, WITH HIM! The USS Midway is in San Diego and we visited it last Friday. We told him to take the elevator up and he said, "I walked up these stairs for 2 1/2 years and I'm gonna walk up them today."
It was a strange feeling as I walked around--to think my Dad lived aboard this ship when he was 22-24 yrs old. He's now 82! We had 4 generations on board. I'll bet my Dad never imagined his great grandson would walk the same deck he did!
My Dad is proud of his service in the Navy and has instilled a love for our country in each of his children and grandchildren. I am glad he is my Dad and he is our hero.
I Know The Feeling
1 week ago






No comments:
Post a Comment